Comedian, Tim Barnes, AV Club writer, Danette Chavez, and Amy Sumpter are just a few of the featured headliners who’ll be answering the question, “when did you know?” at this year’s 20×2 Chicago on Friday, October 23rd at Schubas Tavern.
20×2 is a mainstay at SXSW Interactive in Austin, Texas, and 20×2 Chicago is the first official offshoot of the series. 20×2 features a 20 different cultural leaders answering the same question in a medium of their choice.
The last 20×2 Chicago took place April 18th and had different artists, poets, writers, and pundits answering the question, “what’s next?” The upcoming show on October 23rd will have 20 more unique leaders in Chicago answering, “when did you know?” Hosted by Andrew Huff, this spectacular event will take place at Schubas Tavern (3159 N Southport Ave, Chicago, IL 60657) promptly at 7pm. Tickets are $10 online or at the door.
Below is a complete list of the 20 participants in this year’s event:
• Gaylon Alcaraz, former executive director of the Chicago Abortion Fund
• James Allenspach, programmer
• Tim Barnes, comedian
• Demetrio Cardona-Maguidad, designer
• Danette Chavez, writer
• Eamon Daly, developer and bon vivant
• Elizabeth Gomez, comedian and Windy City Rollers co-founder
• Felix Jung, developer
• Britt Julious, writer
• Amy Karatz, interior designer and home stager
• Rosamund Lannin, writer
• Sophia Madana, social media expert
• Parker Molloy, writer
• Dawn Xiana Moon, songwriter and belly dancer
• John Morrison, photographer
• E. Oks (Evan Okun), musician and slam poet
• Jenni Prokopy, founder of ChronicBabe.com
• Ron Slattery, art collector
• Shawn Smith, designer and founder of Shawnimals
• Amy Sumpter, comedian